XO Communications Fiber Back-Bone Maintenance / Clean-up
Year Completed: 2015
Project Name: XO Communications Fiber Back-Bone Maintenance / Clean-up
Owner: XO Communications
- BPG completed a 12 month project consisting of testing, tracing and fusion splicing in over 50 XO manholes.
- Test all inactive fibers on 216ct back-bone cable from XO’s central office to determine opens/breaks while also updating panel circuit ID’s and fiber lengths.
- BPG fusion spliced (32) fiber pairs back to XO’s ring and tested all fibers from the central office utilizing a Fluke DSX-5000 power meter.
- Maintenance work consisted of replacing damaged splice enclosures/splice trays and re-splicing fibers found to have high Db losses when tested from the central office.
- Provide documentation for all splice enclosures as well as detailed splice diagrams.